Re: Module proposal: dconf

> everyone asking for a plain text format (or even an XML format) for
> *storage* should be forced to get only that on their machines, but
> should also be barred from complaining why their boot process takes a
> minute instead of 10 seconds. and no: having plain text storage and
> adding a binary cache is not a solution.

I always found this amusing. It's about tools and robustness not formats.

The XML file is sitting as a set of binary blocks of data in a binary
format file system indexed by tables set into a disk whose partition
layout is entirely a binary format.

You can't edit your disk raw with an XML editor to rescue stuff but rely
on tools, yet apparently meta data for a desktop is different (even
though its far less important if lost)

Alan