Re: Project Proposal: GNOME Innovation

On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 11:37 -0700, Sandy Armstrong wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Wolter Hellmund <wolterh6 gmail com> wrote:
> > The project is intended to use a Brainstorm System, which is already provided by
> > IdeaTorrent. It is already implemented in successful projects such as Ubuntu
> > Brainstorm, SourceForge.net and others.
>
> Is there any data indicating that Ubuntu Brainstorm works better than
> filing enhancement bugs?  Are there any statistics about how many
> Ubuntu Brainstorm ideas are actually implemented, and how many are
> implemented largely due to feedback from Brainstorm?

AFAIK, brainstorm.ubuntu.com is used as the base (one of them, the other
being bug reports and already existing feature enhancement requests in
the bug tracker) for development of new Ubuntu releases. Popular ideas
are converted to blueprints (bugs in the GNOME case I guess), then
discussed during the UDS (Ubuntu Developer Summit) and assigned for the
next cycle.