Backup

Is GNOME interested in shipping an official backup program?  I (as a
long-time lurker) haven't ever noticed discussion about it.

I feel the backup market currently has a lot of almost-there UIs and
lots of duplicated effort.  That might either mean it's a good time
for GNOME to step in and polish one, or that it's a good time for
GNOME to wait for one to 'win'.  I'm not even sure that GNOME cares
particularly, but it seems like a hole in the market.

For full disclosure, I am notably biased in any such discussion as the
maintainer of one of those almost-there duplicated efforts (an app
called deja-dup).  But I'd like to think that I'm more interested in a
good user experience than my own ego.

-mt