Re: Platform

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 9:39 PM, Stefan Kost <ensonic hora-obscura de> wrote:
> Now that apple has closed the whole bonjour stack, I would prefer to build on
> upnp. We have gupnp, which is actively developed and fitting nicely here.

Now I don't want to make political statements, it's pure software
engineering. Be it closed or open, we have a working Avahi
implementation of the Bonjour stack. Also if you don't want streaming
but only care about service announcing and discovery, Avahi is
massively easier to use (and for example comes with nice python
bindings).

--
Patryk Zawadzki