Re: git and trailing whitespace

On 05/05/2009 06:05 PM, Adam Schreiber wrote:
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Behdad Esfahbod<behdad behdad org>  wrote:
I personally always do a "git diff" before commit, and look for
red-background blocks that represent trailing whitespace and fix them
myself.

Have your gnome terminal/bash preferences been tweaked?  I did a test
with git diff after adding some trailing white space and it didn't
show up in red.  It looked like normal terminal text.

$ git config --global diff.color auto

That's recommended in:

  http://live.gnome.org/Git/Developers

Cheers,