Re: git and trailing whitespace

Anyway, Owen said he didn't want to fight this fight. I guess I can
understand that, and I don't really want to fight this fight
either. Nonetheless I think this would be good to have and the least I
can do is mentioning this on desktop-devel and asking for opinions. So
here I go.

Opinions?

The default git pre-commit scripts (disabled by default) has a check for that. In cairo, we recommend enabling it (by way of chmod +x .git/hooks/pre-commit), but with gtk-docs, it's necessary to turn that off at times. Something to keep in mind.

I personally always do a "git diff" before commit, and look for red-background blocks that represent trailing whitespace and fix them myself.

behdad

Lennart