Re: [ANNOUNCE] GPointingDeviceSettings-1.0.0
- From: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- To: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, gnomecc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] GPointingDeviceSettings-1.0.0
- Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 15:50:29 +0000
On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 01:58 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le dimanche 08 mars 2009, à 20:08 +0900, Hiroyuki Ikezoe a écrit :
> > Hello everyone,
> > GPointingDeviceSettings-1.0.0 has been released.
> > GPointingDeviceSettings is a new GUI tool for setting various pointing
> > devices. Each UI can be written as dynamic loadable module, so a third
> > party can add its own UI.
> There were some discussion to integrate the touchpad configuration in
> the mouse capplet of the control center. Maybe it'd make sense to
> integrate part of your work there?
The main problem was that gsypnaptics (and current equivalents) required
using the SHM method of configuration, which was very ugly.
Any code we add to the control-center would need to use the XInput
PS: I added those few lines to the Bugzilla as well
] [Thread Prev