Re: (Partial) GNOME 3 status update

Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 12:29, Felix Riemann<friemann gnome org> wrote:
Regarding the non-default / deprecated widgets I'll take it like Thomas
Andersen in comment 9 in above bug: it makes no sense fixing them.

     * gst-mixer doesn't need any fixing and works with deprecated
       symbols disabled already. (Note, this seems to be used at least
       in Gentoo when building your system without PA)

Why don't we remove gst-mixer, vu-meter, gnome-cd and cddb-slave2
completely from gnome media 2.27. People that want to keep on building
them can use the 2.26 branch

Solaris continues to use gst-mixer since Solaris does not yet provide
PulseAudio.  PulseAudio doesn't provide as much value on Solaris since
OSSv4 provides mixing functionalities directly in the OSS layer.

Providing an alternative GStreamer-based mixer program still has value,
I think.  Sun would appreciate if gst-mixer could stay in gnome-media.
Since it doesn't need any fixing and works with deprecated symbols
disabled already, I don't think there is any reason to remove it from
that standpoint.

I don't think there is an issue with removing the other programs,
though.

Brian