Re: Evolution/MAPI

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 13:55, Suman Manjunath
<manjunath suman gmail com> wrote:

>>> Thanks a lot; would it be possible to have a talloc tarball, too (I
>>> just noticed it it required by libmapi).
>> And tdb, too; they are shipped in the Samba 4 tarball but under a very
>> inconvenient form (in lib/{tdb,talloc}/, without configure script).
> talloc and tdb are not released as separate tarballs :(
> The libmapi tarball provides a script (stored as
> script/ which can download/compile/install samba4,
> talloc and tdb. The script would require that git be installed. Is
> there a way to run this script from jhbuild?

I spoke to Jelmer Vernooij about providing tarballs for talloc, tdb
and tevent. He uploaded the release snapshots that he used for the
Debian packages.

He mentioned that talloc, tdb and tevent would be released separately
at some point of time in the future. Right now, it is not possible as
both the Samba 3 and Samba 4 modules need it and both of them share
the same source tarball.