Re: Brasero improvements over the 2.26 release cycle

Le lundi 12 janvier 2009 à 19:18 +0000, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 01:19 +0000, Luis Medinas wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After the previous discussion about proposing Brasero for GNOME 2.26 the
> Brasero has made lot's of improvements based on some feedback from the
> community.
>
> So right now we released two releases during the 2.25 cycle and added
> this important features:
>
> - Nautilus extension (based on the current ncb), there are some
> applications that put the files on burn:/// with this extension Brasero
> replaces ncb and Burn the media.

You copied some old code, you have no icons, or hints.
Yes indeed; it turns out I missed the hint addition to have the brasero 'version' uptodate.
As for the icon, the problem is going to be fixed. You probably didn't install brasero in /usr/ or /usr/local which I admit shouldn't be a reason to miss the icons.

> - Split Brasero into a library (available on trunk) named
> libbrasero-media that is being documented (devhelp) and re-arranged so
> we can deliver a stable API.

The library isn't usable in Rhythmbox or sound-juicer, as it conflicts
with their license (GPLv2 vs. GPLv2 + exception).

As I commented in the bug, I'll rewrite the bits that didn't come from brasero and then I'll relicence the whole of it. But it seems that this was the case for nautilus-cd-burner and sound-juicer/rhythmbox so it doesn't worsen things here.

> - Lot's of bug fixes (Can be seen on NEWS and Changelog)
> - Submitted a Totem[1] plugin, Rhythmbox[2] plugin and Sound-Juicer[3]
> work to replace ncb by brasero using the new library in addiction to
> other applications already using Brasero (Banshee, exaile etc...).

The Rhythmbox plugin isn't good enough to replace the current ncb based
one, as it lacks integration (it writes a playlist file, and launches
brasero itself).

yes, but on the other hand it does the job just like the previous plugin did and reduces the code size of the plugin as brasero handles transcoding of audio all by himself which allows on the fly burning. (Note: it's  not a regular playlist but a brasero project that is written).

Cheers,

Philippe