Re: GNOME 2.26 module inclusion discussion heats up

Il giorno dom, 11/01/2009 alle 16.51 +0100, Luca Ferretti ha scritto:
>               * gnome-volume-control-applet from gnome-media (new, a
>                 notification icon, not a real panel applet like the
>                 previous one)

Maybe I missed an existing discussion about this, but I have to ask: why
was it changed to a notification icon? what does it have to do volume
with notifications?

Apart from the usual philosophical discussions about what should or
should not go in the notification area, using a notification icon in
this case is especially annoying (at least for me) since it means I
cannot place the volume control in the top right corner where it is fast
and easy to reach.

Paolo