Re: GNOME 2.26 module inclusion discussion heats up

Il giorno dom, 11/01/2009 alle 16.24 +0100, Josselin Mouette ha scritto:
> Le dimanche 11 janvier 2009 à 12:21 +0100, Luca Ferretti a écrit :
> > Please also note that on current trunk the Audio capplet from
> > gnome-control-center and the Volume Control applet from gnome-applets
> > was replaced in favour of new gnome-volume-control and
> > gnome-volume-control-applet[1] in gnome-media[2].
> >
> > This new volume control stuff requires pulseaudio.
>
> So, there is no more GStreamer mixer? It is not possible to use any
> other backend than PulseAudio?

Not exactly. I'll try to explain better, but something is obscure to me
too.

In GNOME 2.24 we have

        * gnome-volume-control (AKA gst-mixer) from gnome-media
        * gnome-sound-properties from gnome-control-center
        * mixer_applet2 from gnome-applets

In current development release we have (at least it seems to me):

     A. With pulseaudio
              * gnome-volume-control (NEW, not the previous one) from
                gnome-media
              * gnome-volume-control-applet from gnome-media (new, a
                notification icon, not a real panel applet like the
                previous one)
     B. Without pulseaudio
              * gnome-volume-control (AKA gst-mixer) from gnome-media

So it seems to me that we should officially promote pulseaudio as
official dep, or readd volume control applet and audio capplet
somewhere.