Re: GNOME DVCS Survey Results

On Sat, 2009-01-03 at 22:46 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> In December I ran a distributed version control system survey for GNOME.
> From the survey opening page:
>
>   Thank you for taking the GNOME DVCS Survey.  This survey is run on behalf
>   of the GNOME Foundation board of directors, release team, and sysadmin team.
>   The GNOME project is planning a possible move from SVN to a distributed
>   version control system in 2009.  The contenders for the system to use are
>   bzr, git, and hg.  The aim of the survey is to help us better understand
>   familiarity and preferences of our active contributor base regarding the
>   future version control system for GNOME.  The survey results will be
>   informational and will be sent to foundation-list and desktop-devel-list
>   upon completion.
>
> GNOME contributors with an SVN account who had an SSH key installed on their
> account were invited to fill in the survey.  A total of 1083 account holders
> were invited, and 579 filled in the survey.  The survey results are now
> available to the public:
>
>   http://www.gnome.org/~behdad/dvcs-survey/
>
> Elijah Newren did an initial analysis of the data.  His analysis also includes
> the survey questions and answers.  Find it at:
>
>   http://blogs.gnome.org/newren/2009/01/03/gnome-dvcs-survey-results/
>
> If you analyze the results, please reply to this thread and also leave a
> comment on my blog post linking to your analysis:
>
>   http://mces.blogspot.com/2009/01/gnome-dvcs-survey.html

Just in case I am forced to switch to git in the future (being open
minded here, although I prefer bazaar), does someone have any advice how
to generate a nice GNU style ChangeLog (like what emacs produces) from
git commit logs?  I know that some projects like Cairo auto-generate
ChangeLog already, but the default git changelog format is too
detailed/ugly IMHO.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
"The universe is always one step beyond logic" -- Frank Herbert