Re: D-Bus replacement for AT-SPI Accessibility

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 17:27 +0000, Mark Doffman wrote:
> When moving to D-Bus AT-SPI how amenable are people to killing the Cspi
> library? (This is a nasty one. It would require major changes to GOK)

	Not volunteering of course ;-) but wouldn't it make more sense to work
out what proportion of the cspi API is actually used by anyone [ gok ?
dasher ? ].

	My limited objdump -T grepping skill shows:

		SPI_ methods	Accessible* methods
dasher		5		9
mousetweaks	7		22
gok		15		78
libcspi		29		230

	So - a compat libcspi that makes dasher & mousetweaks happy should be
~trivial, for gok it would be more work; but fairly do-able [ though I'm
not volunteering ;-], and I guess we can throw much of the rest of
libcspi out without over-many qualms [ or are there other apps using
that ? ;-]

	Of course, the cspi port is also extremely mechanical work, potentially
even script-able to some degree ;-)

> When moving to D-Bus AT-SPI how amenable are people to deprecating Cspi?

	Sounds good to me; there is presumably a new / native GObject-like C
binding that you're creating & exposing via python ?

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot