Re: Signalling when the desktop is loaded

On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 19:59 +0100, Chris Coulson wrote:

> The way that this is currently done in Ubuntu is by patching gnome-panel
> and nautilus to signal to xsplash over dbus when they are finished
> components are ready, or a timeout occurs. The shortfalls of this
> implementation are:
[snippety snip]
> Anyway, please let me know what you think, or of any issues you can see
> with an implementation like that. And I hope it starts some discussion
> on the original question :)

Go for it!  Having such a signal from gnome-session would be *really*
helpful for things like profiling login with bootchart.  Even Sabayon
could use this to make its child session prettier.

(In any case, having the individual startup apps each signal "I'm done"
is tremendously useful.)

  Federico