Re: New module proposal: Clutter core

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 20:38 +0200, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 17:37, Emmanuele Bassi<ebassi gmail com> wrote:
> > hi everyone;
> >
> > I'm proposing to move Clutter (core) from the external dependencies to
> > the Desktop modules.
> >

> Are you planning on using GNOME resources? (git, bugzilla, ftp on gnome.org)

Clutter already has a Git repository, there's no need to switch over to
GNOME's (GStreamer, which is in the Desktop library does the same, being
hosted on freedesktop.org); same goes for Bugzilla.

I can definitely willing to push release tarballs on ftp.gnome.org and
push a copy of the API reference on library.gnome.org. I actually wanted
to do so for 1.0, so I'll probably contact the library.g.o maintainer
for that.

> http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/ModuleProposing
> says that you need to do this

it says:

"""
Modules must use GNOME FTP for releases. Modules ought to use GNOME
Bugzilla and GNOME Git (there had better be a very good reason for not
doing so, such as freedesktop.org hosted libraries designed to be used
by both GNOME and KDE).
"""

which I daresay Clutter falls under the "good reason for not doing so"
as in "we already have infrastructure in place for it"[0].

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

+++

[0] Though I must admit that switching to GNOME's Bugzilla would be
pretty nice, we do have some Clutter-specific bits in our own Bugzilla
that would make the transition problematic -- first and foremost the
copyright waiver attachment flag for patches.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name