- From: William Jon McCann <william jon mccann gmail com>
- To: GNOME Desktop Developers Mailing List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Application names
- Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 16:29:46 -0400
So, in preparation for GNOME Shell and 3.0 a number of us have been
trying to address various inconsistencies in how we name applications.
I've just posted a blog about this:
My proposal for 2.28 is:
1. We need to patch the panel to support showing both Name and
Generic Name to workaround the fact that menus are very poor ways to
discover new things.
2. We need to fix a lot of our desktop files to use Name and
GenericName correctly: GNOME Goal, tracker bug, Fedora wiki page.
3. Consider renaming applications that have really poor names.
4. Ensure that application names perform well in GNOME Shell
What do you think? (please read the blog post before answering)
] [Thread Prev