Re: R: git migration - svn:externals

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 12:09 +0200, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:

> I think gst-ffmpeg uses this feature. gst-ffmpeg is in git while it
> uses ffmpeg which is in svn.

Not really - gst-ffmpeg just runs svn checkout in autogen.sh, and that's
it.

We use git submodules in GStreamer though (we have a 'common' submodule
for all other modules), but git submodules are still fairly cumbersome
to use and I wouldn't recommend them until the git people make them less
painful to use, at least not for projects where the submodule reference
needs to be updated frequently.

Cheers
 -Tim