Re: On autogenerated ChangeLog
- From: Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org>
- To: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeenix gmail com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, gnome-infrastructure <gnome-infrastructure gnome org>, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Subject: Re: On autogenerated ChangeLog
- Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:32:01 -0400
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeenix gmail com> wrote:
> Reminds me of my friend who insists that evolution is nothing more
> than hoax and when I try to educate him, he doesn't want to discuss
> it. :) There are simply two facts to be kept in mind here:
> 1. All information in the ChangeLog is redundant.
> 2. Maintaining a ChangeLog only and only realizes otherwise
> inexistent conflicts.
> It is as simple as that.
on the other hand projects with ChangeLogs that are hand-tended
to are, in my personal experience richer than logs of arbitrary commits,
if only by the simple virtue of forcing you to spend time caring for it.
Anyway, lets see what some experiments yield ;-)
] [Thread Prev