Re: GNOME 3.0 Schedule draft; Streamlining of the Platform.

2009/4/2 Ross Burton <ross burtonini com>:
> On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 13:41 +0100, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
>> My understanding on this after talking with Richard Hult, is that
>> there is no GConf maintainer, and the DBus port is a huge hack and not
>> really suitable for the main branch, and that a proper merge would
>> need a lot of work.
>
> There being no GConf maintainer makes this easy for a suitably willing
> person to do the merge.  I prefer the phrasing "needs cleaning up" to "a
> huge hack" myself though. :)

Well, at this point we have someone willing to write a piece of
software with loads of benefits and some code available over GConf and
none volunteering on doing the merge. Unless you are volunteering
yourself :-)

--
Un saludo,
Alberto Ruiz