Re: GSD should not housekeep the thumbnails
- From: Rob Taylor <rob taylor codethink co uk>
- To: Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org>
- Cc: Emmanuel Pacaud <emmanuel pacaud univ-poitiers fr>, philip codeminded be, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GSD should not housekeep the thumbnails
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:36:17 +0100
Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Rob Taylor <rob taylor codethink co uk> wrote:
>> could also clean out thumbnails that haven't been *accessed* after a
>> certain time period, which should give better performance.
> How do you do that when 99% of desktop PCs use noatime precisely for
> that - perfomance? ;)
Don't use atime? The daemon knows when the thumbnails have been accessed
because it served them.
Rob Taylor, Codethink Ltd. - http://codethink.co.uk
] [Thread Prev