Re: GSD should not housekeep the thumbnails

Hi,

On mar, 2008-09-16 at 11:34 +0200, Stephane Delcroix wrote:
> Hey guys,
> The plugin does something like this:
> - clean the thumbnails older than MAX_AGE (default to 60 days)
> - clean the oldest thumbnails until the cache size is under MAX_SIZE
> (default to 64MB)

I don't get why it work like this. Why remove a thumbnail because it's
old ? Why would we want to limit the size of the thumbnail cache to an
arbitrary value ? It depends on the disk size, and it will limit itself
by the fact the size of the thumbnailed files is largely bigger than the
thumbnail size.

Wouldn't it be better to just remove thumbnail of files that don't exist
anymore ?

Emmanuel.