Re: DVCS

Hi!

> I have been using bzr-mirror for the past few months happily, thanks to John
> Carr's work I can pull from either bzr-mirror or directly from svn, and push
> to svn as if it was a bzr branch.
>
> I personally think that keeping svn, and maintaining bzr-mirror, git-mirror,
> and hopefully an hg-mirror would make everyone happy. All of bzr, hg and git
> provide a mean to interop with svn, while there is not always a way to
> interop between the various DRCS that people tend to prefer, so maybe
> sticking with svn for now would be the right choice ?

   If that configuration works for you, it doesn't mean it works for
everyone. If I could manage to achieve the same with git-svn as I do
with git, I'll happily accept this proposal but that is not the case.

   Please let's not getting into these dicussions (been there, done
that) and focus: Most of us have been wanting to move to a DVCS and
it's been a long time we've been justing wishing and sighing. Could we
please just execute the proposal I made?

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali Khattak
FSF member#5124