Re: DVCS

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Zeeshan Ali Khattak <zeenix gmail com> wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>  I remember that at GUADEC, we were seriously thinking about
> migrating to git but the decision was postponed on Mark Shuttleworth's
> request. It's been some months since that and we are still stuck with
> SVN. AFAIK both git and bazaar have very strong supporters in our
> community so the only way I see out of this is:
>
> 1. Get someone (known and trusted) to volunteer to set-up and maintain
> the repository. I think Olav likes bazaar so he would volunteer for
> that?
> 2. Assuming that we get volunteers for both the repository types, we
> simply vote amongst the top 50 contributers (i myself most probably
> don't count :))
[...]

Ummm... So, the discussion will be just about bazaar and git? What
happend with Mercurial?
I see the three of them on http://live.gnome.org/DistributedSCM

If there was some earlier discussion about it were you decide to leave
Mercurial out, just tell me, please.

BTW, I think as well (as Claudio say) that should be the current SVN
GNOME users (which fight against the SVN repo everyday) who might
decide.

Cheers

--
Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier

Emergya Consultoría / http://www.emergya.es
Avda. de la Innovación, 3 (Edif. Hércules), Mód 12-13
E41020 Sevilla
Tfno: +34 954 51 75 77 Fax: +34 954 51 64 73