New module proposal: gnome-user-share

I'd be interested in getting gnome-user-share into GNOME 2.26.

Currently, gnome-user-share is a simple capplet and "daemon" combination
that, through obex-data-server and apache, provides users with simple
file sharing.

Currently it supports:
- ObexFTP and ObexPush (through obex-data-server)
- DAV file sharing (through Apache's httpd)

Future plans include:
- Sharing optical media drives:
- Sharing selected drives:

We're also looking into integrating Frank Scholz' UPNP sharing work (see

But one of the main shorter term goals is to get the desktop sharing
feature of vino integrated into gnome-user-share.