Re: Proposed external dependency: WebKit/GTK+

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 18:21 +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
> I'll be speaking for other projects and they will hopefully
> correct me where I am wrong.  Here is my perspective: for other
> parts in the desktop, a blessed WebKit is seen as an opportunity
> for new features (Empathy and its Adium-theme branch), for much
> improved standards compliance/support (Evolution and switching off
> gtkhtml), or simpler code (switching off GtkMozEmbed), or a mix of
> those.

Anyone know the status of WebKit's GObject-based editing API?  That's
the main thing keeping Evolution from putting a bullet in GtkHtml.  I'm
hesitant to ship a release with both WebKit and GtkHtml dependencies
(the former for rendering, the latter for editing).

Matthew Barnes