Re: Proposed external dependency: WebKit/GTK+

Richard Hult wrote:

>> WebKit/GTK+ is the new GTK+ port of the WebKit, an open-source web
>> content engine that powers numerous applications such as web browsers,
>> email clients, feed readers, web and text editors, and a whole lot
>> more.
>
> Was there a conclusion on this at some point? I can't find anything in
> the archives. It would be great to be able to depend on it since I have
> some improvements in Devhelp trunk which needs WebKit.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/devel-announce-list/2008-August/msg00001.html

 + WebKit/GTK+ (external dependency):
   - lots of community support
   - accessibility support might not be good enough (no reply from
     WebKit/GTK+ people)
   - epiphany will still use Gecko for 2.24
   - yelp is still using Gecko at the moment (there's a WebKit branch)
   - devhelp trunk is WebKit-only
   - evolution people intend to use WebKit in 2.26
   - we'd prefer to avoid depending on both Gecko and WebKit at the same
     time
   => rejected for 2.24, but we'll propose a general switch for 2.26

        Frederic