Re: GNOME 2.23 Schedule

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 05:31:09PM -0500, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> On 3/18/08, Felipe Contreras <felipe contreras gmail com> wrote:
> > I'm a GNOME user and FOSS developer that would like to know which are
> >  the features users want. Knowing that is a step closer into making a
> >  consequential contribution.
> >
> >  Now I know d-d-l is not the right place for that, neither is the GNOME
> >  community, I'll better start on Ubuntu brainstorm, like apparently a
> >  lot of people are doing.
>
> I really don't understand the tone of the exchanges here.  It seems to
> be verging on hostility but I don't understand why.

I agree and don't agree with Felipe plus partly misunderstood things. I
am actively trying to be positive and try and have someone start some
project (but ehr, I do want it to be usable). Maybe this is all seen as
hostile... but it really is not.

If someone sees this differently, please email me privately. Note that I
don't like changing the wording so it isn't clear what my thoughts are
(direct vs hostile distinction.. I only avoid&&don't want hostile).

--
Regards,
Olav

(I've signed http://live.gnome.org/CodeOfConduct.. although I wanted
 doing avoid that.. my 'signature' should be implicit)