Re: Using vala in GNOME
- From: Johan Dahlin <jdahlin async com br>
- To: "Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" <gjc inescporto pt>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Using vala in GNOME
- Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:01:01 -0300
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 15:07 +0100, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
Plus, CMake is getting more mature and stable and it already supports
VisualStudio and XCode project files conversion, lack of proper
extensibility being its only downside at the moment.
Lack of extensibility, and use of another arcane custom made programming
language (if we can call it that) for everything.
No, CMake is not an answer. It is not significantly better than
autotools to justify a switch to it IMHO.
CMake *is* considerably better. Xcode/VisualStudio are killer features which
alone would make a switch worth it.
Can we please start to organize ourselves and try to move forward with
switching to another build system?
- Decide features we need to do a migrate
- Create a table of proposed build systems x features
- Check the KDE build system migration and see what we can learn
- An obvious option will eventually appear
- Start migrate some modules
: Tim has some notes on this:
] [Thread Prev