Re: Using vala in GNOME

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro <gjc inescporto pt> wrote:
> Plus, CMake is getting more mature and stable and it already supports
> VisualStudio and XCode project files conversion, lack of proper
> extensibility being its only downside at the moment.

Lack of extensibility, and use of another arcane custom made programming
language (if we can call it that) for everything.

No, CMake is not an answer.  It is not significantly better than
autotools to justify a switch to it IMHO.

I watched the CMake transition in KDE with interest. It was very painful for them. A search of Planet KDE for the word "cmake" will return no end of complaints about it.

IMO, the only hope that we can get away from autofoo is the Quagmire effort.