Re: Composition [was Re: gnome-session proposal]

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:49 PM, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys pld-linux org> wrote:

> Nah, one thing about a compositor is that it keeps off-screen copies
> of all the windows so it does not have to invalidate regions when the
> stacking order changes.

To be totally honest, I've never really thought of that as being all
that important.
I don't think I've ever thought "You know, I wish that window would
redraw faster" when I've restacked it
but maybe thats just me.

If a compositor just kept off screen copies of windows, and didn't
have live previews etc etc, would you honestly use it?