Re: Composition [was Re: gnome-session proposal]

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 18:57 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 20:09 +0300, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> > > I'm assuming you've turned on the appropriate xorg configuration
> > > options to enable the correct acceleration
> > > and none of that helped? I forget what they are, but I'm sure someone
> > > will chime in.
> >
> > ching
> >
> > Section "Extensions"
> > 	Option	    "Composite" "Enable"
> > EndSection
>
> That simply turns on the Composite extension, without which the
> compositor will (obviously) fail to start.
>
> Iain is talking about options like MigrationHeuristic, AccelMethod, and
> one I can't remember which controls offscreen pixmaps under XAA.

You mean stuff like;

Section "ServerLayout"
	Option	       "AIGLX" "true"
        .
        . Other things go here
        .
EndSection

# ATI only I believe
Section "ServerFlags"
	Option	    "AIGLX"     "on"
	Option      "IgnoreABI" "on"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        .
        .
        .
        Option      "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
        Option      "RenderAccel" "on"
        Option      "AccelMethod"   "EXA"
        .
        .
        .
EndSection

I'm not sure about the XAANoOffscreenPixmaps, I've got it in there even
though I use EXA. So that line is probably bogus.

BR,