Re: Discussions on Pgo was: Re: Need Leadership

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 09:24:48PM +0200, Anders Feder wrote:
> I seem to remember a time when there was an actual journalistic team
> specifically editting and publishing summaries of what had been posted
> within the community in the past week/month. What happened to that
> effort? I suppose the volunteer editor(s) became occupied elsewhere or
> something?

That was me.  I still get the cvs summaries and what not.  I suppose
I could be convinced to do them again.  GNOME Journal was what it
replaced, but the team has been really busy with real life stuff
and of course I haven't stepped in do to work/school/home.

That said, Shaun McCance has been working on something like the summaries
but without the human editorial bent that I was doing.  It's just
pure statistics.

If people are interested, I can do them and have them show up
in GNOME News or something.  I rather have one other person to
volunteer so that we can trade off.

sri