Re: Proposal: enable accessibility by default for GNOME

I don't see why this couldn't just be enabled on a per-user basis by
the distros' installer tools. Assuming that the installer environment
has a11y-enabled, they already ask you for your name and password, so
why not have an option to enable/disable a11y?

I mean, disabled users don't just "land" at a PC and have to use it
without any help. And if you operate PC's in which that is the case,
you should just turn this on by default.

Having said that, if the new D-Bus tech is lightweight enough, I'd
love for it to be enabled permanently. It is my understanding that you
need AT for things like voice commands, etc., so it would be cool to
be able to enable that without having to mess around setting up AT
first.

Alex