Re: Proposed module: conduit

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 2:01 PM, John Stowers
<john stowers lists gmail com> wrote:
> I don't know If I agree with the icon being in system/preferences
> however, for two reasons.
>
> * If/when a future, improved UI appears, it will probably live in
> accessories, so why confuse existing conduit users with two moves, once
> -> system, and once back to accessories.
> * The system/prefs menus are already very cluttered, often with items
> that are neither system related, nor preferences, and often its not
> clear which menu they should belong in.

Uhm, if apps are supposed to manage their synchronization via API
callouts then doesn't the UI really belong to the preferences? Like
System → Preferences → Synchronization or something. I can't see how
it's different from libgda's DB access properties or from PolicyKit's
authorization editor.

--
Patryk Zawadzki