Re: Proposed module: project hamster

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Dave Neary <bolsh gnome org> wrote:
>>> motivating reason for rejection, also... most of the apps we ship are
>>> mostly useless to most of our users.
>>
>> Do you think so ?  It may be I almost perfectly matched GNOME apps
>> till today :)
>
> Looking in Utilities: I rarely use Calculator, Character map, or Disk
> Usage Analyser. You don't see me advocating they be dropped :)

I'll go ahead and advocate dropping them, if it'll help ;)

This is exactly the kind of app that makes me think we should have
certification for non-core applications- a way to say 'this is great
and useful and GNOME-y' (which it is) without saying 'this a part of
the core of GNOME which is tied to our release cycle and QA
standards.'

Luis