Re: Proposed external dep: PolicyKit
- From: "Jason D. Clinton" <me jasonclinton com>
- To: "Michael Biebl" <mbiebl gmail com>
- Cc: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Proposed external dep: PolicyKit
- Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:11:54 -0500
On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Michael Biebl <mbiebl gmail com
2008/7/22 Rob Taylor <rob taylor codethink co uk>:
Care to eloborate, why and what the actual problem actually is
> Just as a quick note, Jason's problem is completly a debian unstable
> packaging issue, as far as I can tell.
(especially regarding Debian)?
/usr/share/PolicyKit/policy files in the 0.5.11 upstream distribution are not being installed by the Debian hal package.
But as I said in the last line of my email which apparently no one has read, after correcting for the packaging problem, it's still broken. So that's only a tiny aspect of the issue. The issue is that there is no user documentation at all. Not in the distribution. Not in the GUI with a "Help" button. Not in stub README files. Nothing. ... Unless you're a programmer and want to read developer documentation to get your USB hotplug working again.
] [Thread Prev