Re: Swfdec: required external packages

On Jan 29, 2008 3:47 PM, Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it> wrote:

> Oh, we have a similar issue with gtk-vnc/vinagre. There are some
> features in gtk-vnc that aren't in a released package.
>
> Ideally external deps should be grabbed from packages, not from version
> control systems. Ask to release team...

>From a distribution standpoint, I'd really like to see everything to
be at least buildable against released versions of all external
dependencies at this point.
If that means loosing some features that are only in trunk, then so be it...

Shipping svn/git/whatever snapshots is really the last resort, and
things that can only be built against unreleased dependencies make it
very hard to ship
the Gnome development releases as they happen.

Matthias