Re: State of gvfs in Gnome 2.21

On Jan 24, 2008 12:15 PM, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> wrote:
> Op woensdag 23-01-2008 om 19:37 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Matthias
> Clasen:
>
> > It would be even easier if dropping font files on the directly on the
> > font tab worked, without the need for a detour through nautilus.
>
> Yes, but how would a user preview or uninstall fonts then?
> What would be the accessible alternative to the drag and drop method?

For preview, open the font selector, select font, type text...
It never occurred to me that anyone would want to uninstall fonts.
As for the accessible alternative to dnd install, does fonts:// have one ?
Maybe there should be an "Install this font" in the right-click menu
for font files.

Anyway, I don't want to sound negative; if somebody reimplements
fonts:// for gvfs
that would be great. I just don't think it has a high priority.