Re: State of gvfs in Gnome 2.21
- From: Pat Suwalski <pat suwalski net>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org>
- Subject: Re: State of gvfs in Gnome 2.21
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:13:21 -0500
Matthias Clasen wrote:
For preview, open the font selector, select font, type text...
The advantage of fonts:// is that is has previews, which is a very nice
It never occurred to me that anyone would want to uninstall fonts.
At the very least, uninstallation of the fonts the user installed is
As for the accessible alternative to dnd install, does fonts:// have one ?
Maybe there should be an "Install this font" in the right-click menu
for font files.
That would be nice, but I don't think it applies to anything with GFS.
Anyway, I don't want to sound negative; if somebody reimplements
fonts:// for gvfs
that would be great. I just don't think it has a high priority.
My fear is that it will then get all politicized. "Well, such and such a
language doesn't use 'Aa', so let's develop a system so that..." and it
will never get done. Not to sound negative.
] [Thread Prev