Re: Requiring DOAP instead of MAINTAINERS file

2008-01-20 klockan 23:31 skrev Travis Watkins:
> 2008/1/20 Wouter Bolsterlee <uws+gnome xs4all nl>:
> > 2008-01-18 klockan 09:49 skrev Olav Vitters:
> > [snip]
> > The main issue seems to be the "ugliness" of the DOAP format. Well, DOAP is
> > just a small ontology based on RDF, and RDF has many syntaxes, RDF-XML being
> > just one. Additionally, the same information, i.e. all (subject, predicate,
> > object) triples in a graph, can be serialized into different RDF-XML
> > representation. RDF-XML is by no means a canonical representation.
> >
> > But let's get back to my first note: RDF-XML is just one of many RDF
> > representations. May I suggest Turtle [1] (or N3 [2], but I prefer Turtle for
> > various reasons).
> > [snip]

> Err, that's the same thing minus some angle brackets. It doesn't look
> like that much of an improvement and every language has an XML parser
> already so it'd be easier to use the XML version.

That is just not true. If you had carefully read my message, you would have
noted that RDF-XML is by no means a canonical representation. The same
information can be encoded using a totally different XML snippet with
totally different tag names and attributes, while still being valid RDF. For
this reason a "simple" XML parser won't work at all---you'd need a RDF
parser anyway, e.g. from librdf/libraptor.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

warm sounds :: feeling no pain :: taking the time away from me     -- zero 7