Re: Requiring DOAP instead of MAINTAINERS file

Hi,

On Jan 18, 2008 3:49 AM, Olav Vitters <ovitters gmail com> wrote:
> Currently project information is spread thoughout various systems. The
> maintainers are available in MAINTAINERS files, developers in AUTHORS,
> the description is possibly in either Bugzilla or some README file,
> etc. I'd like to make use of DOAP files for this.
>
> Does this sound like a good plan?

Hand editing XML is always a pain.  You mentioned tools that could
make use of the DOAP file, but nothing which helps generate it.  It'd
be nice if we had a web page up on gnome.org which did this.  Type in
some things about your project and have it output an XML file that you
can just drop into your project.

Joe