Moving from glib-gettext to gettext/autopoint?

        Hi there,

 I had to dig into the differences between pure gettext and intltool
 based packages recently and wondered why we still have glib-gettext in
 the picture in most modules: isn't gettext (and optionally intltool)
 enough these days?

 I checked out gnome-hello and replaced AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT with:
    AM_GNU_GETTEXT([external])
    AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION(0.14.5)
 and i18n worked seemingly as well as before.

 Am I missing some use case for glib-gettext which is not easily covered
 by gettext/autopoint?  How would people feel about dropping the
 glib-gettext stuff?

 NB: external means to not copy an intl dir therein, as this isn't the
 default; AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION is required if you want autopoint and
 not gettextize to be run by gnome-autogen.

--
Loïc Minier