Re: help sanity check the release notes

Em Qua, 2008-02-27 às 22:04 +0900, Davyd Madeley escreveu:
> All,
>
> Because my GNOME 2.22 isn't actually working very well, the release
> notes currently contain a lot of FIXMEs and XXX entries. This is
> suboptimal.
>
> What this means is that if you think you have a stake in the release
> notes, you should sanity check them for me. It's really easy to do:
>
>   Step 1. Check them out from SVN:
>           svn co svn+ssh://svn.gnome.org/svn/gnomeweb-wml/trunk/www.gnome.org/start/2.22/ release-notes-2.22
>
>   Step 2. Load release-notes.xml in Yelp
>
>   Step 3. Read, make notes or send patches. Pay special attention to
>           anything marked XXX or FIXME (could be in a comment).
>
> Andreas Nilsson has volunteered to do the screenshots this time round.
> Thanks Andreas!

Hi, Davyd. Some quick notes:

In Section 3.2: To enable it you should change the gconf
key /apps/metacity/general/compositing_manager from false to true.
Is there something easier to say in release notes?

In section 3.7, I think a title like 'Remote Desktop' or similar is a
bit better, because you talk about the client and the server.

In section 5.1.1: We already have support to network:// and 'connect
to...' dialog.

Cheers,
--
Jonh Wendell