Re: Eel merged into Nautilus 2.25.3

Am Montag, den 15.12.2008, 21:05 +0100 schrieb Frederic Peters:
> Alexander Larsson wrote:
>
> > I just released Nautilus 2.25.3 which contains an internalized copy of
> > eel, and I don't plan to do any more eel releases. This lets the
> > compiler do better optimizations and means one less library to link
> > against.
> >
> > Eel was always unsupported and shouldn't be used outside nautilus.
> > However, some applications still does this. These apps will work against
> > the last eel release, but should really work towards removing this
> > dependency.
>
> I updated jhbuild moduleset; I looked at other modules declaring a
> dependency on eel and gnome-mount dropped it already[1] while the
> other one is orca and a bit strange, as it is written in Python.
> (Willie, could you comment on this?)

I'm still wondering about the "best" way to find dependencies.
What I've tried is:

$:andre\> rpm -q --whatrequires 'libeel-2.so.2'
eel2-2.24.1-4.fc10.i386
nautilus-cd-burner-2.24.0-1.fc10.i386
control-center-2.24.0.1-9.fc10.i386
nautilus-2.24.2-1.fc10.i386
nautilus-search-tool-0.2.2-4.fc10.i386
eel2-devel-2.24.1-4.fc10.i386

$:andre\> jhbuild rdepends --direct eel
nautilus
orca
meta-gnome-desktop-suite
gnome-mount

Also ran "grep -l -R libeel ." but all results only refered to comments
like /* taken from libeel/eel-strings.c */.

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed