Re: Sound effects

I like your idea for what sounds should be played, but I don't
understand how it isn't solved by creating a butler sound and putting
it in place of all of the sounds you think it would make sense for.

I suppose this does make it harder to change the sound, but you can
just make a configuration app that lets you set what that sound is and
creates a theme on the fly.

I was gonna comment about how I like having a separate sound for the
gdm login screen, but then I realized that could be the butler sound
too.  However, I think that I only want the butler to tell me when gdm
login is ready and when I get an IM and not make any other noises at
all.  This would be impossible for me to set up with your scheme.

The brunt of this email is, why not make a sound theme that does
exactly what you've requested?

   Chris