Re: New svn module: gnome-sound-theme

On Sat, 09.08.08 20:45, Luca Ferretti (elle uca libero it) wrote:

> I've just committed a new module on svn: gnome-sound-theme[1]
>
> It's just an even sound theme, based on new fd.o Sound Theme Spec[2],
> reusing some sounds currently stored in gnome-audio module (converted
> from wav to ogg) and using a brave autotool framework.

Hmm, I am maintaining the freedesktop sound theme right now, which is
based on gnome-audio, too. I see no reason to maintain two themes in
parallel here.

http://0pointer.de/public/sound-theme-freedesktop.tar.gz

I'd be very happy to hand over maintainership of s-t-f to you, or can
I convince you to merge the two projects and or rename g-s-t to s-t-f?
That would make it easier for the KDE people to kike it.

My s-t-f is not maitnained in any VC right now (there has been only a
single release for now).

> Of course could be interesting include it in GNOME Desktop (yes, I know
> the new modules period is out), but there are some issues:
>       * by now there are only 8 sounds, I think we could like to have
>         more

s-t-f has more:  37.

>       * I've no idea about license and credit for current sound
>         files

For s-t-f i made sure only to include CC, GPL and LGPL licensed
files. (see the readme). Some of the sounds that come from gnome-audio
are CC-SA 2.0 however, which is not good enough for Debian. Which
makes them good canidates to be replaced.

Lennart