Re: Why do GNOMEdevelopers almost exclusively use git mirrors and for example not bzr mirrors
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub bethesignal org>
- To: Elijah Newren <newren gmail com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org>
- Subject: Re: Why do GNOMEdevelopers almost exclusively use git mirrors and for example not bzr mirrors
- Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 02:28:15 +1000
<quote who="Elijah Newren">
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:55 AM, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 11:45:34AM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> > > (At least, that's what I understand)
> > Indeed. This might be hard to do within Bzr (IIRC what Elijah said), due
> > to repository format / design.
> No, I mispoke in the email you're referring to. bzr's repository format
> does not prevent such a feature (in fact, they likely already have most
> needed capabilities), and shared repositories are much closer to what I'd
> like than I realized at that time. The UI design does seem somewhat
> antithetical to such a feature, but perhaps that could be changed.
Do bzr looms (recently released extension) satisfy the requirement explained
in the earlier email?
OSCON 2008: Portland OR, USA http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/
o/~ In spite of all those keystrokes, you're addicted to vim.
] [Thread Prev