Re: Why do GNOMEdevelopers almost exclusively use git mirrors and for example not bzr mirrors

I met several of the Bzr developers at PyCon, and we discussed this.
While everyone has their own workflows etc. I've found the latest
bzr-svn to be far more integrated and painless than git-svn. I do the
following:

bzr init-repo --rich-root-pack beagle-repo
cd beagle-repo
bzr branch svn+ssh://svn.gnome.org/svn/beagle/trunk beagle-trunk
bzr branch beagle-trunk beagle-feature1
cd beagle-feature1
*changes*
bzr ci -m "changes comment"
cd ../beagle-trunk
bzr merge ../beagle-feature1
bzr ci -m "Complete comment for SVN commit aka. Feature 1"
bzr svn-push

Just my use-case. I know that its not as clean or as lovely as the
git-svn model to some, but its advantages:
1) Using bzr! Gives me lots of pretty GUI tools in history, diffs,
annotations, and cool tools like bzr-avahi, which is great for
hackfests/sprints
2) Compressed footprint, by using the repository, total diskspace used
is similar to that in Git. (Currently the Bzr format is a little
leaner, here for more info on that http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrVsGit)
3) Directories over the switch model, makes using IDE's or mutiple
edit tools easier.
4) Better handling of merges etc. I've had problems where git-svn will
die if I forget to --squash, and is hard to recover from.
5) _MUCH_ harder to shoot myself in the foot. Maybe its just my own
cluelessness, but I've lost code into Git merge-messes. Bzr just gets
out of my way much better, it lets me code.

Just my $0.02 for anyone that wants to use Bzr while working on Gnome.

Cheers,
Kevin Kubasik