Re: New Anjuta dependency: libgda-4.0

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 12:06 +0200, Johannes Schmid wrote:
>  > Hi!
>  > > I know that this plugin is optional, but it's also a plugin that
>  > > everyone will want to use. But libgda-4.0 is not API/ABI stable and
>  > > (based on previous libgda history) is not likely to be at any
>  > > predictable time. So this could make life difficult for packagers.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > I talked to Vivien some time ago and (s)he* said that libgda-4.0 could
>  > be stable until September and that he will possibly propose it as a
>  > module.
>
>  As much as I love libgda, it's been awful at meeting these dates.

Having a stable API/ABI is IMO possible for september/october. I would
not be sure about having a bugfree enough code to make a release at
that date though.

>  >  libgda-3.0 was API stable as far as I remember, maybe even ABI
>  > stable.
>
>  libgda-3.0 is stable. It took a long time to get there.

True, but the main reason was that I wanted to merge the code I had
done for Mergeant into it, which was a bad idea and took a very long
time. This version of Libgda is much more mature and "clean"

Vivien